Zejin Ding has received his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science at Georgia State University in May 2011. His dissertation title is "Diversified Ensemble Classifiers for Highly Imbalanced Data Learning and their Applications on Bioinformatics" (download here[1.6M PDF file]), and his academic advisor is Prof. Yan-Qing Zhang.
Before joining GSU, he received a B.S. degree and a M.S. degree in Computer Science in July 2003 and April 2006, respectively, both from Beijing Jiaotong University (previously named Northern Jiaotong University), Beijing, China. He also received a second M.S. degree in computer science concentrated in Bioinformatics from GSU in May 2009. His research interests include computational intelligence, bioinformatics, machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval. Zejin Ding is a student member of IEEE and IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS), and China Computer Federation (CCF). He also had intern experiences in IT industry. In Summer 2008, he worked with TMSN group in Microsoft Research, focusing on ranking problems. Before that, he also worked as intern at Chinese search engine company: Baidu.Com in Summer 2005 and then became a full-time software engineer from April to July 2006 before coming to US for PhD study.
Zejin Ding is supported by Molecular Basis of Disease Program (MBD) at GSU since 2008.
Areas of Interest
Computational Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, and Information Retrieval.
- Created a page for downloading 30 highly imbalanced data sets for binary classification.
- Joined research group of Barracuda Networks at Atlanta from May 2011, analyzing malicious behaviors in social network data.
- Started Internship at Kindsight Inc. at Moutain View, CA on Feb. 2011, conducting research on web URL data for ads marketing.
- I start teaching CSc2320(Fundamental of Website Development) this Fall, 2010.
- I start teaching CSc7352(Data Structure in BioInformatics) this Spring, 2010.
- I start teaching CSc2320(Fundamental of Website Development) this Fall, 2009.
- I start teaching CSc7352(Data Structure in BioInformatics) this Summer, 2009.
- I start teaching CSc3410(Data Structure) this Spring, 2009.
- I start teaching CSc7352(Data Structure in BioInformatics) this Fall, 2008.
- I start my internship with TMSN team at Microsoft Research this summer(June-July, 2008), at Redmond WA!
- I start teaching CSc3410(Data Structure) this Spring, 2008.
34 Peachtree St., Ste. 1437
Atlanta, GA 30302-3994, USA