Homework Assignment No. 5A CSc 2010
Due Monday, Nov. 8, 1999
The purpose of this homework is twofold: first, for you to experience writing software specifications (the statement in English of the solution to the problem); and, second, to produce a complete set of pseudocode which includes complex structures such as linked lists.
According to the previous homework, you are to use the following record structure (Student):
Student definesa record
Student_Number isoftype Num
Student_Data isoftype Class_Grade //see solution to Exercise 5.1 Next isoftype Ptr toa Student
Your deliverables are:
1. Write the specifications for each task of this assignment!
Then you are to create the following modules that:
2. Initializes the list of students;
3. Adds a student to the list in the order of his/her student number;
4. Removes a student from the list (Recall the four cases and especially beware of a student at either the head or tail!); and
5. Finds a particular student in the list by student number.
Finally, you are to write:
6. An algorithm (the "main") that uses (exercises) all of these modules.