Detailed instructions can be found on the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) website.
- If you a Ph.D. student, make sure to get approval from your Ph.D. advisor first. An email note from your advisor to the graduate director will be fine.
- Register for CSc 8940.
- Go to istart.gsu.edu to apply for CPT from ISSS.
- Email the graduate director a copy of your offer letter. In the email, provide the following information:
- CPT course number: _CSc 8940_
- CPT course name: __________
- Number of credit hours: __________
- Maximum work hours per week (select one):
Part-time (20 hours or less) ___
Full-time (21 hours or more) ___
- Company name: __________
- Company street address: __________
- Company city: __________
- Company state: __________
- Company zip code: __________
- Start date of employment (M/D/Y): __________
- End date of employment (M/D/Y): __________
- Please explain how the employment is integral to the student's curriculum: __________
- You are done.
Final Semester: This is the student's last semester, the student needs less than a full course load to complete the degree, and course(s) are required to complete the degree.
Thesis/Dissertation: The student has completed formal coursework and is engaged in full-time thesis/dissertation/project work.
Some other reasons may also be approved. Detailed instructions can be found at the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) website.
To apply for a Reduced Course Load (RCL), follow these steps:
- Go to istart.gsu.edu to apply for RCL from ISSS.
- Email the graduate director the following information:
(a) Which semester you will graduate (if you are a Ph.D. student, also ask your advisor to email your graduation semester to the graduate director)
(b) A filled copy of the M.S./Ph.D. plan-of-study form
(c) A copy of your GSU transcript
- Complete all M.S. degree requirements (or Bioinformatics Concentration requirements).
- Check paws.gsu.edu; if you see M.S. degree, just apply for it and you are done.
- If you a Ph.D. student, you can only apply for the M.S. degree after finishing your research proposal. Then, bring the following documents to the graduate director to apply for the M.S. degree: (a) The plan-of-study form with courses taken and grades. (b) A hard copy of your PAWS transcript. (c) A hard copy of your first-authored paper.